Current Role Working With The Athletic PopulationTreating combat sport athletes (MMA, Jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai), endurance athletes (Triathletes, marathon runners, ultra runners, cyclists), Crossfit athletes, weekend warriors, and recreational weight-lifters. S&C and training same population as above.
As movement clinicians, we guide/empower patients/clients through their recovery by facilitating an optimal environment within their bodies, provide relevant education, implement evidence-based/effective strength/mobility exercises, and as needed manual therapy.
Played soccer/Ice Hockey, ran track through high school. 4th Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo, competed Nationally and Statewide (1999-2009) in the black belt division. Trained 30 years in various traditional martial arts (Uechi-Ryu Karate, Hapkido, Taekwondo, Japanese Ju-Jitsu). Trained 3 years in Muay Thai, and currently training Brazilian Jiu-jitsu at Renzo Gracie's institute in Manhattan.
Academic Background and Professional Training
- BA - Kinesiology and Applied Physiology.
- DPT - Doctorate of Physical Therapy.
- OCS - Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- StrongFirst Kettlebell instructor (SFG-1).
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS).
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT).