Dr. Severin is a physical therapist and ABPTS certified cardiovascular and pulmonary specialist. He completed his cardiopulmonary residency at the William S Middleton VA Medical Center/University of Wisconsin-Madison which he then followed with an orthopedic residency with a focus on clinical research at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Currently, he is working on a PhD in Rehabilitation Science at UIC with a focus on cardiorespiratory physiology and obesity. He also serves on the faculty at both UIC as a visiting clinical instructor and Baylor University as a clinical assistant professor. In addition to clinical research and teaching regarding patients with cardiopulmonary diseases, Dr. Severin has a strong interest in knowledge translation and developing CV risk assessments tools for physical therapists.
- Epidemiology of cardiovascular conditions in orthopedic PT
- Integration and implementation of cardiopulmonary screening clinical practice
- Brief review of respiratory physiology
- Demystifying myths regarding breathing and musculoskeletal conditions
- Respiratory muscle testing and training (with live demonstration)