September 14 - 15, 2019
328 Mell Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
COURSE DESCRIPTION:This two-day, intensive course will leave you with new tools to optimize movement, positioning, and performance for the Snatch and Clean & Jerk; as well as safely manage common weightlifting injuries. This course is appropriate for any coach, trainer, clinician, or student looking to improve weightlifting performance and reduce risk of injury; and the ClinicalAthlete name ensures the material will be based on the best available scientific evidence. Upon course completion, you will earn the distinction of Certified ClinicalAthlete Weightlifting Coach (CCWC). What does this mean? It means that athletes will recognize you as having the ability to safely and effectively coach the weightlifting movements for optimal positioning and performance, as well as knowing how to modify training appropriately, if injury is present. This course will help you bridge the gap between weightlifting performance and weightlifter health.
Those who successfully complete the course and pass the post-course assessment will have the opportunity to be listed on the ClinicalAthlete Directory as a Certified ClinicalAthlete Weightlifting Coach, as well as be a part of the ClinicalAthlete Forum!
COURSE SCHEDULE:DAY 1 - MORNING MODULES:
- Course Introduction
- Weightlifting Sport History - Lecture
- Phases of The Lifts - Lecture & Demonstration
- Motor Learning - Lecture
- Weightlifting Posture - Lecture
- Movement Assessment - Lecture
- Weightlifting Pull Assessment - Lab
- Overhead Split Assessment - Lab
- Snatch to Overhead Squat Assessment - Lab
- Front Squat Assessment - Lab
- Weightlifting Injury Management & Programming - Lecture
- Building The Overhead Squat - Lab
- Building The Snatch Pull - Lab
- Putting It All Together For The Snatch - Lab
- Building the Overhead Position - Lab
- Building the Split - Lab
- Putting It All Together For The Jerk - Lab
- Building the Front Rack - Lab
- Building the Clean Pull - Lab
- Putting It All Together For The Clean & Jerk - Lab
- Programming Considerations For Weightlifters - Lecture
- Wrap-up & Q&A
Quinn Henoch, PT, DPT
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
- Athletic Trainers: Approved for 13 Category A credits. BOC approval #CE20635
- Physical Therapists: Approved by either the FSBPT ProCert program, or by the state board for 13 contact hours.
- For ALL other professions, certifications, or boards outside of this state, please check with your governing body for retroactive approval. This includes NSCA, ACSM, NASM, Chiropractic Boards, etc.