The ClinicalAthlete Powerlifting Coach certification is a direct extension of the core ClinicalAthlete mission: Bridging the gap between medical practice and athletic performance. Upon successful completion, attendees will earn the designation of Certified ClinicalAthlete Powerlifting Coach, which entails proficiency in understanding how to screen, improve movement through corrective strategies, and transition a client, athlete or themselves through the spectrum of Powerlifting from regressions and lateralizations to performance of the competition lifts.
The Squat, Bench, and Deadlift are the pinnacle tests of maximal strength. Research has also shown the vast benefit of strength training on lifespan, overall health, and performance. Their simplicity and real-world carryover make them accessible to a large population. That doesn’t mean lifting the most weight is easy. Each lift has significant demands on the nervous system, movement and mobility, and recovery that is often overlooked by many lifters for the more immediate illusion of bigger weights. When these principles are skipped, progress can stall and injury risk can increase, making long term success more challenging. Through years of clinical practice and coaching, John has seen that all before. The (CPC) Certification will teach you everything you need to know to avoid these setbacks or help manage your patients through them. Over the course of two days, you will learn:
- The unique mobility and stability demands of the Squat, Bench, and Deadlift: lift by lift, position by position, and body part by body part.
- Specific topics, like ankle mobility, stretching and tightness, anterior pelvic tilt, and scapular mechanics, among many others.
- Proper breathing mechanics and why they are important for establishing optimal posture and positions to master the Power lifts.
- Screening and assessment protocol for each phase of the lifts and what these outcomes mean in the context of the movements themselves.
- Corrective programming to conquer mobility and stability limitations and establish proficiency in the lifts.
- Hands-on training to apply these techniques for yourself and coach them to your clients.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
- Athletic Trainers: 13 Category A credits. BOC approval #CE20623
- Physical Therapists: This activity is pending approval by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) ProCert program.
- For ALL other professions or certifications, please check with your governing body for retroactive approval. This includes NSCA, ACSM, NASM, Chiropractic Boards, etc.