June 22-23, 2019
2011 S Juniper St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
This two-day, intensive course will leave you with new tools to optimize movement, positioning, and performance for the back squat, bench press, & deadlift; as well as safely manage common powerlifting injuries. This course is appropriate for any coach, trainer, clinician, or student looking to improve powerlifting performance and reduce risk of injury; and the ClinicalAthlete name ensures the material will be based on the best available scientific evidence. Upon course completion, you will earn the distinction of a Certified ClinicalAthlete Powerlifting Coach (CCPC). What does this mean? It means that athletes will recognize you as having the ability to safely and effectively coach the weightlifting movements for optimal positioning and performance, as well as knowing how to modify training appropriately, if injury is present. This course will help you bridge the gap between weightlifting performance and weightlifter health.
Those who successfully complete the course and pass the post-course assessment will have the opportunity to be listed on the ClinicalAthlete Directory as a Certified ClinicalAthlete Powerlifting Coach, as well as be a part of the ClinicalAthlete Forum!
DAY 1 - MORNING MODULES:
- Course Introduction - Lecture
- Powerlifting History - Lecture
- Kinematics of the Lifts - Lecture
- Rules of Execution & Phases of the Lifts - Lecture & Demonstration
- Pain & Language - Lecture
- Motor Learning - Lecture
- Powerlifting Posture - Lecture
- Positional Drills - Lab
- Movement Assessment for Powerlifters - Lecture
- Squat Assessment - Lab
- Bench Assessment - Lab
- Deadlift Assessment - Lab
- Programming concepts & Injury Risk Reduction - Lecture
- Case Study - Lecture
- Tiered approach to athlete management & programming - Lecture
- Building the Phases of the Squat - Lecture & Lab
- Building the Phases of the Bench - Lecture & Lab
- Building the Phases of Sumo & Conventional Deadlift - Lecture & Lab
- Programming Considerations for Powerlifting - Lecture
- Closing Remarks & Q&A
John Flagg, ATC, USAPL, USPA, USAW
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
- Athletic Trainers: Approved for 13 Category A credits. BOC approval #CE20635
- Physical Therapists: Approved by either the FSBPT ProCert program, or by the state board for 13 contact hours.
- For ALL other professions, certifications, or boards outside of this state, please check with your governing body for retroactive approval. This includes NSCA, ACSM, NASM, Chiropractic Boards, etc.